Total preparation cook time 10-15 Minutes
Servings size: 2
- Two mid sized potatoes
- Half of a medium size yellow onion
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoon of paprika or to taste
- 1 teaspoon of salt or to taste
-Dash of black pepper or to taste
- Canola or vegetable oil
* can substitute with your favorite seasoning mix *
1. Start with your choice of medium size potatoes. Prefer, yukon potatoes, but you can use any potato of your choice. Rinse your potatoes.
2. Wet a paper towel and wrap one of the potatoes in your wet paper towel. Place the wrapped potato in the center of the microwave for 4 minutes. Once done in the microwave place the hot potato on a plate and repeat for your second potato.
3. While potatoes are cooling, dice your medium sized onion.
4. Place cooking pan on a medium fire with about 1/8 cup of vegetable oil, or enough to completely coat the bottom of the pan. (you may need more oil later).
5. While pan is heating, slice your potatoes. Be sure that each piece potato slice is not too thick.
6. Once your potatoes are sliced, place it in the cooking pan and cook potatoes on each side for about 2-3 minutes or until parts of the potato starts to slightly turn golden brown.
7. Add your diced onions to the pan with the potatoes. Add salt, pepper and paprika and mix well. ( Be sure to keep watchful eye on the pan because more oil may needed)
8. Place a top on your pan and cook between 4-6 minutes or until onions have caramelized and potatoes are golden brown. (Be sure to keep watchful eye on the potatoes and onions as you do not want it to burn.)
9. Remove from fire, and serve while hot.