top of page
  • Writer's pictureCinnamon View

BACK TO SCHOOL – 504 Plans vs. IEP Plans

Updated: Sep 19, 2020

Is your child a student that suffers with ADHD, ADD or OCD or other intellectual/developmental delays? Well, there are academic sectors called Individual Education Plans (IEP) and 504 Plans that can intercept your child’s learning program. Getting your child these services may involve a series of meetings with counselors, teachers, and vice principals.

There are different programs in the school sector to assist a child with their educational needs. A 504 plan is a modified education program in your regular classroom setting. It is monitored by the classroom teacher. No parental consent is required if the teacher observes learning challenges for the student.

The other approach to enhance a student’s learning in the classroom is a more formalized program that is called an Individualized Education Plan (IEP). This program goes beyond the regular classroom setting. Different services are provided for the child depending on their need. It will include additional support staff. Parental consent and involvement is mandatory. For more information check with your school administrator or school board. Here is a helpful link: .



8 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page